Welcome to my Writers Blog

Feel free to read, comment, argue or complain. I would prefer complaints to be amusing rather than trivial.
Ideally you would like to read more, buy my book, ask for help, maybe commission me to write (I can dream). Email me at norristeve@gmail.com - I would love to hear from you. Otherwise just click the social network tabs, so more people get to enjoy.

Sunday 21 August 2011

The world changes again

As gunfire rings round the squares of Tripoli, you can also hear the chink of glasses in Downing Street and few wiped brows. This was a close one.

Whether there was more secret support of the Libyan rebels which has gone unnoticed by the media or not, it doesn't matter anymore, within the next few days they will have their man and it will have all been worth it. Running wars is probably never a good thing and probably necessary on occasion to get rid of people like Gaddafi and maybe this was the right time politically and all that.

I think back slapping might be worth holding back on. Gaddafi like Saddam was the devil we knew, but do we know what a new devil will look like. I'm not sure we do, western style democracy in North Africa may still be kept far from the door whilst a new leader insists on getting public order in place with the rifle and brutality.

Good luck to the Libyan people, they deserve a better world, I might be an old cynic but I'm not yet convinced they will get one


No comments:

Post a Comment